Applications for the 2020 USA Overseas Manager Exchange are open.
The Overseas Manager Exchange is a leadership and professional development opportunity specifically tailored to the local government environment. It provides managers within the sector with an opportunity to focus on their management development and career in local government through a short exchange with a partner manager in another country.
Many members have benefited from the programme and through this professional, personal and cultural experience, most have gone back to their council inspired and armed with a better perspective and increased knowledge of local government. Many exchange recipients are surprised how similar the challenges faced by their overseas colleagues are to their own.
These Exchanges provide our members with an outstanding opportunity to learn about local government in other countries.
The exchange involves a hosted visit to the destination country and the hosting of a reciprocal visitor from that country during the time period of the LG Professionals, NSW Local Government Conference - LGC20
APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2020 USA EXCHANGE ARE NOW OPEN
Our delegate participating in the USA Exchange will:
- Travel to the USA in February 2020 and attend the California League of Cities' City Managers Conference in Napa Valley, California, USA on 5 - 7 February 2020.
- Host the incoming USA Exchange Delegate for a period during the LG Professionals, NSW Local Government Conference in June 2020.
- Commit to accompany the US Exchange Delegate to LGC20 and pay the associated costs of attendance.
- Provide content to LG Professionals, NSW for use on social media and other promotional activities.
- Write a report on the overseas exchange for publication in the LG Professionals Magazine.
Please download Application Form
in order to complete and submit electronically.