Applications for the 2019 Overseas Manager Exchanges are now open.
The Overseas Manager Exchange is a leadership and professional development opportunity specifically tailored to the local government environment. It provides managers within the sector with an opportunity to focus on their management development and career in local government through a short exchange with a partner manager in another country.
Many members have benefited from the programme and through this professional, personal and cultural experience, most have gone back to their council inspired and armed with a better perspective and increased knowledge of local government. Many exchange recipients are surprised how similar the challenges faced by their overseas colleagues are to their own.
These Exchanges provide our members with an outstanding opportunity to learn about local government in other countries.
Two exchanges will be offered in 2019 - one to the United States and the other to New Zealand.
Each exchange involves a hosted visit to the destination country and the hosting of a reciprocal visitor from that country during the time period of the LG Professionals, NSW Local Government Conference - LGC19.
APPLICATIONS FOR THE NZ EXCHANGE CLOSE 31 MAY 2019
Our delegate participating in the NZ Exchange will:
- Travel to New Zealand in September 2019 and attend the SOLGM Summit in Napier, New Zealand on 26 – 27 September 2019.
- Host the incoming NZ Exchange Delegate for a period during the LG Professionals, NSW Local Government Conference in June 2020.
- Commit to accompany the US Exchange Delegate to LGC20 and pay the associated costs of attendance.
- Attend the pre conference dinner with all Exchange delegates the night preceding LGC20.
- Write a report on the overseas exchange for publication in the LG Professionals Magazine.
Please download Application Form
in order to complete and submit electronically.