Growing my Emotional Intelligence
Learning outcome: to develop leaders self-awareness and ability to respond positively in all situations to develop their personal effectiveness and leadership skill.
No one is immune to emotions or feelings, but we should also not be at their mercy. Emotions play an important role in our decision-making process, guiding our choices to make a positive impact. Often the strong nature of the emotions we feel misguide our choice of action and can lead to conflict or misunderstandings. In this session participants will unpack the value of emotions, articulate what is important for me, and explore ways to communicate this message in an emotionally intelligent way.
The topics covered include:
- Understanding the importance of emotions
- Exploring what is important to me, and how I make choices to communicate
- Using a system to build my emotionally intelligent response
- Positively responding in all situations
- Understanding tone, the importance of language and framing information
- Above and below the line communication