During this five day intensive course we will cover:
- The role of the Office of Local Government
- Corruption prevention for managers
- Risk management, internal controls and internal audit
- Governance and probity and corruption prevention in council planning process
- Governance and probity in procurement and tendering
- Information management, record keeping and privacy
- Effective decision making processes
- The role of the NSW Ombudsman and complaints management
- Public interest disclosures and investigations
- Whose role is it anyway?
- Overview of the Model Code of Conduct
- Gifts? Benefits? Or culture?
- A day in the life of a NSW local government governance professional